Over time we want to make improvements to how we operate, and to ensure that our organisation is eﬃcient, well-structured, and has the capability to drive this shift to a future focus and to deliver on what we want to achieve.
These are some of the things we intend to do to achieve this:
- support evidence - and cost/benefit-based decision-making;
- enable us to assess and evaluate the eﬀectiveness of the things we are doing to achieve our objectives;
- improve clarity within the organisation for who is responsible/accountable for achieving certain outcomes, and establishing a clear separation of governance and management functions. The Trust Board will appropriately delegate responsibility to Management but has a key role in working with them to set the strategy to maximise shareholders (Iwi) value and then to monitor its implementation;
- enable continuous development of our strategies and objectives through assessment and evaluation of their eﬀectiveness as they are carried out, and as we gain further insight into members needs and aspirations; and
- Develop appropriate organisational policies, and clear delegations of powers.
Within a year:
Within five years we will have developed a strong eﬀective organisation that:
- Supports and delivers on our objectives and priorities;
- Supports robust, evidence-based decision-making; and
- Pre-empts potential issues, and assertively and eﬀectively articulates for Ngāti Apa ki te Rā Tō interests.